Intensive Treatment for Kids & Teens
The residential program at Michiana Behavioral Health is designed for children and teens, ages 6 to 17, with significant histories of behavioral and emotional problems, interfering behaviors and reactions to past traumas. As a licensed Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF), Michiana Behavioral Health offers comprehensive treatment for kids and teens in our care. The longer-term program provides highly specialized treatment for children experiencing severe forms of emotional distress and trauma.
Patients are usually exhibiting troubling behaviors that require a more secure and structured form of care, treatment, and therapy. Some of these behaviors may include severe mood disorders, increasingly aggressive behavior/violence at home or in school, issues with social isolation, or sexually inappropriate behavior. Our program provides an intensive intervention to get them back on track. We help our young patients by building self-esteem, developing a sense of trust, and encouraging the feeling of success.
Program highlights include:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) model with evidence-based programming
- Weekly community reintegration and educational outings with additional opportunities that can be earned through reward system
- Team-building activities
- Individualized treatment with a focus on group therapy and family involvement
- Comprehensive daily and weekly programming structured for 7 days a week
- Psychoeducational Groups that provide information to our patient population by clinical, nursing, and direct care staff teaching within their respective field of expertise
- Group Psychotherapy to encourage honest evaluation of behavioral issues and positive coping mechanisms
- Daily visit with a psychiatrist
- Fully accredited in-house school program with Indiana licensed teachers
- Access to on-site Acute Services
- 24-hour nursing in a locked, secure facility
- Personalized discharge planning that connects patients and families with appropriate aftercare resources, including medication management and outpatient therapy