Substance Abuse Treatment & Medicated Detox
Fighting addiction can be scary, but it’s not a process that you have to tackle alone. Michiana Behavioral Health is here to provide a secure, therapeutic environment for you or your loved one to start the healing process. Our Inpatient Detox Program offers help for substance use problems with alcohol and drugs, including opioids. We work with patients and families who are struggling to find a way out of addiction, using evidence-based modalities, including Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, to help treat any co-occurring mental health issues that are complicating the substance use disorder. Our detox program provides oral medications to treat adverse reactions to detoxification, which may reduce discomfort and other problems associated with withdrawal. The ultimate goal of the program is to restore physical and emotional health to the patient, and help begin the healing process for the whole family.
Program highlights include:
- Initial assessment to help identify any underlying mental health issues (HIP 2.0 insurance plan eligibility assessment available)
- Dual diagnosis treatment offered for underlying psychiatric disorders
- A treatment team that includes psychiatrists, registered nurses, and therapists
- Medical detox services for alcohol, heroin/opiates, and benzodiazepines (Michiana Behavioral Health is a licensed Suboxone® provider)
- Evidence-based programming including elements of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Daily programming, including group and family therapy, and daily visit with a psychiatrist
- On-site Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meeting to provide positive social support for those patients with substance use issues
- Insight-oriented Group Psychotherapy to provide support and encourage peer to peer learning and improvement
- Psychoeducational Groups that provide information to our patient population by clinical, nursing, and direct care staff teaching within their respective field of expertise.
- Our Family Program, which educates family members on mental health issues, our programming, patient needs, and discharge planning
- 24-hour nursing in a locked, secure facility
- Connection to appropriate aftercare sources, including medication management and outpatient therapy.